GL3 Community Hub will only use your information in to provide you with information about clubs, courses and workshops that may be held at the GL3 Community Hub.
We will not share your information without your permission with any other person.
- The Data is collectively all information that you have provided to GL3 Community Hub.
The definitions are provided by the General Data Protection Regulation as of 25th May 2018 (which replaced Data Protection Act 1998);
- Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
- UK and EU Cookie Law:The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
- User or you:that accesses the Website
- Website:the website that you are currently using, https://www.gl3communityhub.org.uk
Links to other websites
Direct contact details and notes held in GL3 Community Hub are held to provide information requested by the User.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
How your information is used
Any, or all, of the above Data may be used in order to provide you with the information requested when working with GL3 Community Hub specifically for:
- internal record keeping and,
- improvement of our products / services;
Where your data is stored?
We store your data on our secure server. Your data can only be viewed by our staff. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this. Only necessary paperwork with your data is stored and is kept securely with access only by our relevant staff. Data stored in paper form is kept in locked receptacles.
Access to your data
- You are entitled to see the information we have for you.
- You can also request to be removed from our Database.
We will not share your information without your permission with any other person. However, in certain circumstances, the Data Protection Act allows personal data to be disclosed to law enforcement agencies without the consent of the data subject.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. GL3 Community Hub only use your Cookies:
- to allow certain features of our Website to function, as intended
- for Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information or features that enable you to access and use the Website more efficiently.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and any disputes arising will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Complaints or Enquiries
GL3 Community Hub endeavours to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. We take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures. If you wish to complain about this policy or any of the procedures set out in it please contact the General Manager on 01452 715058 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
11 May 2018